Friday, November 27, 2009

thanksgiving...

this year i have so much to be thankful for. maybe there isn't more to be thankful for, but perhaps i'm a little more aware. in church this morning (after a traditional breakfast of cinnamon rolls) our pastor talked about the importance of not just giving thanks in general but actually saying who you're giving thanks to. you're not married in general, but to a specific person and the same goes to being thankful.

so, dear God, I thank you for the numerous blessings in my life. your love and faithfulness. my family and friends. my warm (or semi-warm) house. my 97 year old great grandmother who still knit me bed socks. my body to run with. my mind to do school and work with. your people to share my blessings with.

Dayenu: that alone would have been enough. but for that alone we are grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment